Get involved with the Central Arkansas Chapter of PMI experience by Volunteering
Year after year, the Central Arkansas Chapter of PMI works to create new programs and improve existing ones for the benefit of the chapter and its body. For us to continue this progress, it is very important that we persist in having individuals donate their skills and valuable time. If you are ambitious, dedicated, and willing to contribute by helping create and implement new ideas, we encourage you to join in on the CACPMI experience by volunteering. We would like to encourage everyone to participate while they are a member.
Why get involved?
Contributing to chapter activities not only improves the chapter, it also benefits the individual in many ways. For example, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet project managers in the local area
- Learn new project management skills
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Stay connected with those involved in the chapter
- Share your passion for project management
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDU's)
- Help those in your community
- Have a great time
- Make a positive difference
- As a member, we want you to participate and get involved. Whatever your interest or strengths are, the Chapter encourages you to become actively involved in helping to continue with making this an outstanding organization.
How can I help?
We are looking for individuals to help out in all areas of the organization for which you have an interest.
How much time is required?
Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments (several hours/month) to long-term committee lead roles (Board members/Directors). CACPMI has many different opportunities available, and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary. We have volunteer opportunities to fit everyone’s busy schedule.
Fall PMP exam prep course
|Fall Professional Development Day (PDD)
* Currently in the planning phase, event will be held
late Sept/early Oct
* 3 to 5 Volunteers are needed for "planning" prior
to the event
* 6 to 8 Volunteers are needed for "execution" of tasks
the day of the event
* Contact: Don O'Donnell, PMP
* Need 2-4 volunteers to attend the monthly
* Duties include greeting attendees, take
attendance, set up the catered lunch table,
and clean up after the meeting
* Volunteers allowed to split shifts (attend only
the first half or last half of meeting) due to
length of chapter meeting
* Contact: Clara Cromer, PMP
| Social & Networking Events Committee
* Need to plan annual holiday party, which will
be held early December
* Need to establish criteria for our first annual
PM practitioners awards
* Need a committee chairperson
* 3 to 5 Volunteers are needed for "planning"
prior to the event
* 6 to 8 Volunteers are needed for "execution"
of tasks the day of the event
* Contact: Bea Nelson, PMP
| Annual Chapter Elections Committee
* Planning expected to begin July/August 2013
* Elections will be held in October for the 2014-2015
new board members
* Committee is headed by Immediate Past President
* Need 2 to 4 volunteers to vet candidates and assist
with the balloting process
* Contact: Erica Brooks, PMP
How do I get involved? Click HERE